Monday, October 26, 2009

Update & Prayer Request

Life at our house is busy...but good.  I am getting settled into a routine at work, Brian is settling into a new routine of school and hanging out with Benjamin, and Benjamin seems to enjoy his time with daddy, grandma, and aunt Jenny while I am at work.

Benjamin has most definately found his voice.  He "talks" to us quite a bit and also enjoys talking to the light.  As I am writing this he is talking in his room (even though he is supposed to be sleeping).  He is holding his head up very well and he loves to be talked to and sung to.  One of his current favorite toys is a gift from our friend Tracey.  It is a stuffed "Hungry Catepillar" that is crinkly when you touch it and has bright colors and fun tags all over.  We have been working with him on reaching out and touching toys and so a few weeks ago when I put him in the car on the way to church I put it in front of him on his car seat.  As we were backing out of the driveway we heard this "crunch, crunch" and thus the fondness began.

He has been doing very well overall health-wise.  He has had some eating/digestive concerns, but they seem to be resolving without medical intervention.  I will spare you the poo details (even though I am amazed how our nightly conversations often include the subject.)



Tomorrow is a big day for Benjamin - his first Neurological Development appointment.  We get to leave bright and early in morning traffic and head up to the hospital in time to feed him before his 9am slot.  We have heard on the news that the ER there has been overflowing with people due to the whole swine flu ordeal.  That makes me a little short of enthusiastic to be there at this time.  So, I am asking for prayer again for protection from illness, and that all will go well with the exam and that they will be able to see all they need to make a clear analysis.  I am not concerned about the findings since I really believe he is doing well, but we want to do all we can to help him be his best.  One more thing - next week we go back to the Opthamologist to have his eyes checked.  We appreciate prayer for positive results, even though I feel a little silly asking for that since God has answered so many big prayers...our boy is healthy and happy...what more could we ask for, right?!?

Jamie

1 comment:

  1. I love your updates, but I need reminding with emails...apparently I haven't read a bunch of them, which means I also haven't seen you in so long! It's fun to read your journey and I look forward to hearing more. Love, shell

    ReplyDelete